Friday, December 18, 2015

Cafe in Tribeca

Cafe in Tribeca
mixed media on canvas
24 x 30 inch

My last large painting for 2015, and also my largest work all year. It is always so freeing to paint on such a big surface.  I just dropped this off at Tessera Gallery where there will be an open house tonight with artists in their studios working and live music.  I will be painting in the classroom there and I look forward to seeing everyone.  We hope to have a good crowd tonight as this will be our Final Friday since the actual Final Friday falls on December 25.




charcoal on paper
16 x 20 inch




I attended a recent all-day abstract drawing workshop taught by Wichita artist Brian Hinkle and one of the drawings I did in his class is very much a part of the inspiration for my painting as you can probably see. Though I did not realize it until I was almost done.  The image was obviously tucked back in my brain as I worked.









Best coffee ever at an organic cafe
in Tribeca



I think what also inspired my painting was the amazing organic coffee I had at a cafe in Tribeca while we were in New York City.  Amazing what a cup of coffee can trigger.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

♥ Lisa

12 comments:

  1. I find it very interesting hearing where you get your inspiration for your paintings from. I have loved seeing all your artwork for 2015 and look forward to seeing what you come up with in 2016. Seasons greetings to you Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    Have fun, enjoy the environment and sell something. :)
    Sincerely,
    Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, very wonderful painting and very interesting informations about your nice inspiration !!!
    My best season greetings for happy Christmas and New Year !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another favorite, great painting and I admire your eye for details !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love your charcoal drawing, best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post Lisa and I love this abstract painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very special indeed! I absolutely love the floor, wonderfully painted. I can really tell the size of the canvas freed up your technique. This piece has such a sense of harmony. It is surprising how working on a slightly different scale can affect the way paint is applied. Happy Christmas Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your painting Lisa and so enjoy hearing stories of where the inspiration comes from. It is such a treat to see your paintings and hear your stories. Thank you for sharing... have a wonderful Christmas season and look forward to more paintings and stories in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the complexity of the patterns in Cafe in Tribeca. This is a wonderful painting. You are on a roll again.
    Your drawing is great and Brian obviously worked some magic. You stayed true to your eye for patterns though - and I like that you did.
    Have e very special Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous painting! You are amazing my friend! The abstract painting I really like! Very cool! That coffee looks so yummy! Merry Christmas! Big Hugs and Much Love!

    ReplyDelete