Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Studio Clips: a First Attempt at Video Making



I was on Instagram one day and saw a lovely video of  Kate Hudson playing in the snow.  It looked like an old reel-to-reel movie and it had music.  For some reason it set my creative mind on fire and I just had to figure out how to make such an old-looking video.  After some hunting, I found an app called 8 mm for the iPhone, and boy has it been fun.  

 I know many of us love seeing videos of artists doing their thing and in their spaces, so 
I thought I would start making short videos of life in my art studio to share with you once in a while. It has provided another creative outlet for me and another way to sort of shake things up.  If you know me, you know how I like change.  That's why I switch from oil, to acrylic, to mixed media from painting to painting just about.  Keeps me from getting bored.  My mother used to tell me when I was young, "bored is your middle name," and I think she was right.  

I am also working on another idea for the use of this app,  but I will share more about that later.

Hope you like it!  It's just over a minute long.


10 comments:

  1. That was fun.... You get bored? Me too! Someday we will go visit Myra together... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. lisa, totally loved this! So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, might have to check out this app myself. I keep resisting making videos but everyone tells me to go for it. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it Lisa! Great app.
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a born storyteller. I loved this little movie - full of atmosphere and a touch of mystery.
    Thanks for sharing the app.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved aatching you paint in concentration with that lovely song and good feline company

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and comment!