Thursday, May 26, 2016

Hide

Hide
mixed media on cedar board
11 x 22 inch

As I was finishing the details of this young girl, the white lace, which is actually a cupcake wrapper, was initially intended for the neckline of her dress.  I had placed it over her face as I was searching for the gel medium to glue it down and the way her eyes peered through the lace caught my attention.  I liked it, so there it stayed.

I took this piece to Tessera Gallery for Final Friday tomorrow night, so hopefully she finds a home.

16 comments:

  1. I bet she finds a home right away! What a happy accident that you placed the lace where you did. I think the collar would have been lovely but this idea speaks to me way more! Very, very inventive!

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libby and thanks! As of last night, she was still hiding behind her lace waiting to be taken away. Like any painting...it just takes the right person at the right time and in the right place. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the way you listen to your paintings and let go of previous
    intentions to explore. It's a different story now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you put that Patty...a different story now. Yes. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I'm like you Lisa! Our art talks to us! Great job! She is amazing! I know she will find a home fast! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, thank you. Yes the art speaks...it's something I have always loved about painting. I know you do too! Thank you for the comments. Hugs back! xo

      Delete
  4. She's hiding behind her lace in another fabulous dress. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is...all thanks to scraps of paper. xo

      Delete
  5. Love the mystery part of this portrait. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beguiling....that's the word...you paint stories. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete