Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Woman and Dog in Provence

Woman and Dog in Provence
acrylic on canvas 11 x 14 inch

It took quite a while to finish this painting.  It is another scene inspired from my recent travels to Europe.  I think the reason it took so long to complete is because each time I worked on it, it was a little bit like getting to revisit southern France.  I am so thankful for the memories of such a beautiful place, I guess I didn't want it to end.

Spring has sprung here in Kansas.  I can often tell not only by the evidence of the blooming flowers and singing birds, but by my color palette when I paint.  I don't paint as much when the weather is nice.  I would rather be outside finding things to do in the yard or just walking along the river in our neighborhood.  Today is sunny, windy and very quiet.  The trees sound a little bit like the ocean.

Off I go to enjoy it.  I hope you are having great weather wherever you live.  Take care.

♥ Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Magnificent Lisa! Truly beautiful! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got the feeling of the southern France perfectly !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa~I love both of your Europe inspired paintings! They're fantastic! This one is my favorite though.

    I am curious what river is in your neighborhood? How wonderful to have one so close! Instead of jumping from winter into summer, we have actually had a spring here in North Texas! It has been very nice.

    Take care,
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Donna and hello!!

    Our river is the Arkansas...we love being near it!

    Hope you're well there in Texas. We were just there for the main st art fest in Fort Worth!

    ReplyDelete