Thursday, August 31, 2017

Prelude to the Sweetness of Reunion: The 5th Work in the Finding Faith Series

Prelude to the Sweetness of Reunion
oil on canvas
30 x 24 inch






Prelude to the Sweetness of Reunion
video (click to play)

 I have finally finished with the 5th project in my Finding Faith series and this one was near and dear to my heart.  Prelude to the Sweetness of Reunion is about that tender time just before the arrival of a loved one or loved ones you have been separated from for a while.  I know many can relate to this story.  As a child, I was separated from my family and those days of anticipating the arrival of my siblings in Kansas are pretty special.  I remember my mother busily cleaning house and getting things just right for company.  And now that I am older and my sons live in other states, well...that sweet reunion is always a joy...right down to baking the muffins.  :)

I think Katie did such an amazing job in this.  She is so patient during the shoots and her sweet demeanor was perfect for this story.  Thank you Miss Katie!  And a huge thank you goes to my long time friends Kathy and Jerry who let me use their beautiful home for the shoot.  It was just the right setting.

I am keeping all the works in this series in one place and they can be found in the Finding Faith tab at the top of the blog if you wish to view the others.

Take care...until next time...

♥ Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Sweet Lisa. Love the attention to detail in your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa!
    This painting makes me want to sit right down at the table for a cup of coffee. Katie makes a beautiful model and you captured the moment perfectly! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I haven't seen your work in so long. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie is lovely and perfect for your story of sweet anticipation.
    Your painting is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these so much Lisa! I don't always get over here, but wanted to be sure and comment today! Hope you are well...love your art and film so much. Take care, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lisa!! Truly beautiful!! Big Hugs! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS! I see and feel so much emotion with this one. I loved the juxtaposition of old and new - the way you filled the screen compositionally, and then the pure beauty of her expressive face. Your story is beautifully told.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A heartfelt thank you to all for the wonderful comments. I appreciate it so much.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly great, love your art, fantástic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog and art, by chance through another blog. I'm so glad I found your art-I have to say I am captivated by the painting and the video-both are very beautiful and so well done.

    ReplyDelete