Friday, September 23, 2016

Kitchen

Kitchen
mixed media on canvas panel
20 x 16 inch
available here

One of the houses I lived in while growing up had a happy yellow kitchen complete with a retro linoleum floor and a green telephone with a cord so long, you could reach to the bottom of the basement stairwell or out the back door to sit on the porch step to talk.  I learned to moonwalk in that kitchen because my mother kept the floors very clean and slick with Mop & Glo.  It made it easy to slide my feet.

I hope you have a beautiful weekend and that your kitchens are happy ones.

♥ Lisa

8 comments:

  1. such a charming piece Lisa. Do you still break into a moon walk occasionally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a Retro/HaPpY feel to it! SO Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love your memory and I love your painting! Have a great week my friend! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, thank you so much for your comment. I had replied right after you left it using my phone, but it didn't go through. I am just now seeing it. Hope all is well! Hugs back!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! It was a beautiful kitchen that inspired it. :)

      Delete