Saturday, January 30, 2016

Various Narratives Show at City Arts



Last Fall my painting They Call it Connection Cafe was accepted into the Arts Council Annual Juried Art Show at City Arts here in Wichita.  Shortly after the opening night I received an invitation to show in the Main Hall Gallery for the Final Friday art crawl in January which opened last night.  The new and beautifully renovated space, gorgeous weather, and four diverse art shows brought a huge crowd with a lot of fun energy.

Various Narratives from left to right:  Releve',
The Backyard Bench, Reading Space,
On the Way to Afternoon Tea
These are a few of my ten paintings on display, all various in sizes and mediums.  On the Way to Afternoon Tea has a new home and all the praise and kind words were enough to keep me painting for quite a while.

I want to thank those that came out last night, it was so fun visiting with you!  And a HUGE thank you to the staff at City Arts for all the hard work. You all make such a great team. The show was beautifully displayed!

And blog friends...see you in a week or so...I am painting like a maniac these days and I will have some new work to show you very soon.  Thank you for your wonderful comments and your supportive words as always!

See you soon!

♥ Lisa

15 comments:

  1. Your artwork looks amazing in that wonderful space and congrats on your sale. I look forward to seeing your new paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lisa your new paintings are very wonderful !!!
    Happy weekend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic opportunity for you!! Congratulations! Your art speaks to people on so many levels. I'm not surprised that you were invited into this show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how wonderful that you had a show that you feel good about and inspired from. So very happy for you! Your paintings look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Lisa! a lot went on while my computer was down! Congratulations on your show and oh how I love all the paintings you have done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I would have loved to be there. I know it was a wonderful selection of your paintings and it looks like it was hung beautifully. I am so happy it was successful.
    Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing so well! I am pleased you are my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! A show, a sale and inspiration! So deserved. Your work is fabulous. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the sale , and wish you a lot of the same with your new exposition !

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting, it looks fantastic. What a great space. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone! You all are so great and I loved all your comments. I will be around your blogs soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, I am so happy for you and so proud of you! Big Hugs and many blessings, always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa,
    Beautiful exhibit! You should be very proud to have this wonderful opportunity. Congratulations on the sale, too.
    Okay, go back to work. :)
    Sincerely,
    Gary.

    ReplyDelete