Friday, June 2, 2017

His and Her Space and a Little About the Next Work in the Faith Project

His and Her Space
oil on canvas panel 4 x 6 inch

In preparation for the next painting in my Finding Faith series, it seemed like a good idea to get out the oils again.  Interior spaces has been the thing and I have completed three very small 4 x 6 inch paintings.  I love the challenge of putting a lot of detail on such a small canvas.  I will share the other two paintings when they are dry.  

Katie and I will be filming the next video this Sunday and I am so excited to be back on this project again.  The other day as I was out on my daily walk, I went through the scenario step by step, trying to organize the video in my mind.  Once I got home, I sat down and jotted down all my ideas with all the variations I could try if any one particular scene didn't work out.  I have to make sure I don't forget anything on the days we shoot the video and photographs, otherwise I would have to call Katie back and try to recreate "the look" we had previously.

The other challenge is actually coming up with stories that flow in a short amount of time and that actually make sense.  I want to keep them simple, but interesting enough to hold attention for 3-5 minutes.  It is not easy to do.

This is the dress for the next project.  I can't wait to paint the patterns on it.


See you soon!
♥ Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you are doing another in your Finding Faith series, Lisa. It's something to look forward to.
    This little painting is especially perfect. I love the way you filled the space and your colors really appeal to me. There is something special about the way you use oil paint that I always respond to.
    Have a blast being creative - even through you will be working your tail off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julie,
    I am sitting at the table in the sun room wishing you were here having a cup of coffee with me. Thank you for being so enthusiastic about the series. Tomorrow is the day we film...I'm going to need to do some baking beforehand. :) Fingers crossed it all works out! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what is next in the series!! I love the colour in your painting! Beautiful! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete