Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Bedroom With Harbor View

Bedroom With Harbor View
oil on cradled board 9 x 12 inch

This is the third painting in my Cape Cod inspired series and there are three others in progress.  Colorado is gorgeous right now, so I am a bit distracted by the outdoors.

The week before last, I got to spend some time in New Mexico.  I had a wonderful time looking at some really beautiful art in Santa Fe.  I also had the pleasure of meeting an artist who's work I have admired for several years now...Gigi MillsMeeting her and seeing her art in person for the first time was absolutely delightful!  Her art is so soulful to me.  I just love it.  She is best known as a painter, but her sculptures are very special too - take a look at the link to see some of her work at GF Contemporary. 

I also got to see my dear friend in Las Cruces, Julie Ford Oliver.  Julie and I first met through our blogs, then met in person in 2014 shortly after my mother's passing.  Julie has a heart of gold and reached out by inviting me to her home so that I could attend a workshop she was teaching at her studio.  It was medicine for my hurting heart.  Then the following year she came to teach at the gallery I was in at the time Tessera Fine Art Gallery  in Wichita, Kansas.  Julie's art is extremely beautiful, always sells out, and her skill as a painter is very evident when you look at her work. 

Until next time,
♥ Lisa

2 comments:

  1. You gathered lots of inspiration on that trip to Cape Cod. Places can
    be like old friends, bringing out the best. Loving this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you said that...like old friends. It's so true. Thank you Patty.

      Delete