Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Woman and Dog in Provence

Woman and Dog in Provence
acrylic on canvas 11 x 14 inch

It took quite a while to finish this painting.  It is another scene inspired from my recent travels to Europe.  I think the reason it took so long to complete is because each time I worked on it, it was a little bit like getting to revisit southern France.  I am so thankful for the memories of such a beautiful place, I guess I didn't want it to end.

Spring has sprung here in Kansas.  I can often tell not only by the evidence of the blooming flowers and singing birds, but by my color palette when I paint.  I don't paint as much when the weather is nice.  I would rather be outside finding things to do in the yard or just walking along the river in our neighborhood.  Today is sunny, windy and very quiet.  The trees sound a little bit like the ocean.

Off I go to enjoy it.  I hope you are having great weather wherever you live.  Take care.

♥ Lisa

4 comments:

Thank you so much for your visit and comment!