Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Small Paintings and a Move to Colorado

Table With Plates and Things
acrylic on panel 5 x 7 inch
available here

Hello there!  In May 2017 the possibility of relocating to Colorado came into our world.  Needless to say it has been a topic that has consumed us all these months, and in the middle of April it will become our reality...we are moving one state over to the Denver area of Colordo. 

If you have followed this blog for any length of time, you probably know how exciting this is because I love the outdoors.  What better place to be than near the magestic mountains?  And again, if you have followed this blog for long, you probably know how bittersweet this move will be because I love the comforts of home...having family and friends nearby is something I treasure.  It is going to be very hard to leave them and to not have them to call on for a walk or a meal together.  Technology is going to be our saving grace to stay connected.  That and trips home.  Thank goodness it is only an eight hour drive and Denver will be a direct flight to everywhere.

Chair and Dresser
acrylic on canvas panel 5 x 7 inch
available here

In between all the cleaning and sifting through things before we pack it all up, I have made a little time to paint which helps keep me sane. I have been painting in mostly oil for some time, but it really was nice to use acrylics again.  The fast drying time makes it so easy to put the idea down and so much easier to correct things.

Take care...until next time!

♥ Lisa

10 comments:

  1. It seems like you just moved! Time really does fly by doesn't it? I am so pleased for you though and hope that you have found a lovely new home with surroundings to inspire you. Good luck with getting everything organized and done. I know you will love your new home:)
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of change in a small amount of time for sure! Thank you for the well wishes Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you Lisa! Wishing you all the best!! Your two new paintings are beautiful! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on your blog.
    I really enjoyed Denver and know you will too. Lots to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went off before I finished...
      I particularly love the top painting. Hope you do more.

      Delete
  5. Love these still life paintings! Remember that each place
    we live has magic too...happy new adventure ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An adventure indeed! It's been a whirl of activity, but we are now feeling a little more settled. Thank you Patty!

      Delete
  6. Your moving plans sound exciting! Good for y’all. I’ve always heard Denver is a pretty cool city, and I imagine you will love it there! I can relate to your moving discussions consuming your time because hubby and I are in that mode right now too. We’re trying to figure out what we’re going to do when he retires sometime next year. At the top of our list is selling the house and traveling around the country in our RV for awhile. We can settle on a house somewhere (probably back here in North Texas) when we get tired of full timing it. We shall see. Nothing is etched in stone yet.

    Your two paintings are cool but the first is my favorite! They feel very relaxing to me. Have a great day and happy packing! D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I think traveling in an RV after years of hard work sounds fantastic. I know there are many who do this, I even follow a blog or two and it is so inspiring. You will have to blog your adventure!

      Thank you so much for stopping by to comment. I am sorry it took me so long to respond!

      Delete