Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Night Beach: The Last of the Cape Cod Series

Night Beach
oil on canvas 16 x 20 inch
sold
This is the sixth and last painting in my Cape Cod series.  As I wrote before, I painted the first painting last year which was sold.  All the others were painted this Fall.  I could probably keep going with this, but I think I am ready to paint other ideas.  Maybe I will come back to it.  Maybe not.  I change my mind often, so who knows what will happen.  I've learned not to promise anything because that way the ideas flow more freely.

I can't believe Thursday is Thanksgiving.  We will be traveling back to Kansas to visit our family and friends.  I am really looking forward to it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all who live here in USA!

Until next time!
♥ Lisa

10 comments:

  1. This painting is magic! I walk into my past beach night bonfires.
    I love this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty. I am so glad you have enjoyed the series. Cape Cod is magical! I want to go back some day soon.

      Delete
  2. I thought MAGICAL and then when I came to comment I saw Patty had the same thought. Then I saw you use, "magical" so that cements it...this is a truly magical painting, Lisa. Brilliant is another word it deserves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments both here and on IG Julie. I love receiving your feedback.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful piece Lisa. I love the light from the fire on the beach. Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becca, thank you very much. We had a lovely Thanksgiving. I hope yours was also.

      Delete
  4. I love this painting Lisa!!! A bit mysterious!! Awesome scene...reminding me of those wonderful nights sitting around a bonfire....many years ago! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda. I am happy you were reminded of happy times. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. Yup, I'm in agreement with everyone else. This made my heart leap when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lauren. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

      Delete