Monday, October 7, 2019

Mirror, Colorado and an Official Website!

Mirror
mixed media on wood 12 x 16 inch

Hello, hello and hello.  It's been too long!  I post regularly on Instagram and Facebook, but my blog has been on the backburner this past summer.  We have stayed busy with lots of  hiking and fun events in Denver and Colorado Springs.  I have been reading a lot too, which is nice.  For the longest time, I could not focus.  Now that we have been in Colorado well over a year, I feel more like myself.  I have been painting quite a lot and this is a recent one.  I wanted to try painting a reflection, so this is me modeling for it.  I bought some birch panels and it has been nice to paint on them again.  I used to use them more, but got away from it.




Vic and I went on an eight mile hike a couple of weekends ago in Rocky Mountain National Park.  We saw a lot of Elk and they were really on the move.  There were several males and even more females.  The males were making their bugal calls which was a real treat to hear.  They are so beautiful.  

On our hike we saw it all...views, aspens, waterfall, it was the best hike we have been on since living here.





Exciting news!!!  I officially have a website!  My dear husband spent hours and hours building it for me and I could not be more happy with it!  Please have a look and tell me what you think!  He was able to put all my social media links, Etsy and connect this blog to it.  He did an amazing job and I am so happy and proud to be a ".com" now!  

You can see the website HERE .


I have been doing a lot of sketching.  The vintage photos a friend gifted me years ago have been put to good use for some of these sketches and paintings.

Elizabeth Le Poidevin
oil on paper 5 x 7 inch
available here

I also have been really enjoying a new book on Hammershoi.  I had never heard of him before, but learned a lot one day when I stumbled onto Michael Palin's documentary on him.  His very controlled palette and quiet atmospheres really appeals to me.

Hammershoi's Girls and a Table
oil on paper 5 x 7 inch
(sold)
I painted this little piece based on his painting "Figures by a Window" c. 1895, adding my own touches.  I think I will revisit his book again soon.  I really love this quiet palette so much.

That's all I have for now.

Take care.

♥ Lisa

2 comments: