Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Paintings and Back in Kansas


 
Camping Under Trees
oil on cradled wood 9x12 inch

I have heard that campgrounds are full and campers and RV rentals are booked solid.  It is no surprise with Covid.  So for now I will go camping with my imagination.  



We have moved back to Kansas and it has been wonderful to be with family again.  This is my son and daughter in-law on a warm and muggy evening.  We were taking their photograph for their piano studio website and we were melting and fighting mosquitoes.  I had forgotten about those.  There are no bugs in Colorado if you can believe.


River With Fish and Geese
oil on canvas 10x8 inch

Since we have moved back, I am finding a lot of inspiration in the gentle river landscape and in the neighborhood we are renting in.  I am still selling by paintings on Etsy under Lisa Graham Art.  Even with Covid,  people are still buying art and I am so grateful that many of my paintings have been finding homes.  If you want to see my current paintings the link is HERE . 

Riverside Duplex
oil on cradled wood 12x9 inch

Boat Dog With Girl 
oil on cradled wood




Last winter I was asked to do an interview for Colorado Homes and Lifestyles magazine, then Covid happened and things were delayed.  They caught me almost literally going out the door...chaos and boxes everywhere, ready for our move back to Kansas, but it was a delightful photo shoot and phone interview.  I am not very comfortable being in the spotlight like that, but they made me feel at ease.  What an honor it was to be asked.

Well I am off to paint.  Stay happy and healthy.

Lisa


3 comments:

  1. LOOKS GREAT!! HAPPY FOR YOUR SUCCESS, LISA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you! I'll check your new paintings. Take care, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing some catch up - amazed at what I have missed.
    I really enjoyed this post... every bit of it!
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete