Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Valentine's Day

French Press
oil on canvas
2020

 Happy Valentine's Day!

The sun is out, the Cardinals are singing and I am in my studio painting this morning.  I painted the sides of a painting that has been fininshed for quite some time, but I was not positive it was done. Then suddenly it really felt finished.  That's how it works for my art making process.  I sometimes have to leave things for months before deciding.  

As I type this, I have eight small paintings (4x6 inch size) and eight larger ones (8x8 inch to 11x14 inch) in the works.  They likely will go on the backburner as garden season begins.  All my creative energy went into creating a garden at my home last Spring and Summer, and I hardly put a dent in all the plans I had made.  I am excited to dive back in, however this year I plan to keep up my painting practice if I can.  At least a little bit.

I don't know if anyone reads this blog anymore, but if you do, I hope all is well in your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment