Wednesday, February 28, 2024

New Art for a New Season

Hare and Jay Discussing Plans for Spring
acrylic on cradled wood panel 10x8 inch

As the weather changes, so does the choice of color and subject.  I started the above painting last Spring, a bit different for me, but it was fun to work on this.  It went along with the dolls I was working on at the time.  This painting and the ones below are all available in my Etsy shop HERE . 

Off Center
acrylic on cradled wood panel 8x10 inch


Little Painting of a Big Strawberry
oil on linen panel 4x6 inch

 
Frog
paper clay, acrylic paint, varnish, fabrics, thread and button


Frog is 18 inches long and has joints in his elbows and knees so that he can be positioned in a lot of different ways.  He is the first frog I have made, so the name Frog seemed appropriate.  Most of my dolls have been girls, however venturing into the animal world has been a lot like what I imagine writing children's books must be like; only with clay and cloth.  



I went on a photography shoot with my friend the other day.  We celebrated our February birthdays by roaming the countryside in Augusta and Douglass, Kansas taking pictures of textures, old barns, rivers, bridges and fields, enjoying lunch and coffee at local places and soaking up the unseasonably warm temperatures.  This is one of my favorite photos of the day.

Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment