Saturday, February 11, 2023

February! Around Here Lately

 

Seated Woman Waiting
oil on linen panel

Though the landscape still looks very much like winter, the daylight is returning.  Some birds are becoming more vocal, like the cardinals.  You don't realize how much you have missed their song until it returns filling the quiet morning air with delightful energy.  


female cardinal

male cardinal

I have been doing the usual things this new year.  Painting, drawing, reading and taking daily walks are my favorite things to do.  I am also dreaming of a wildflower pasture in our backyard, a small effort to join the "rewilding" movement I am so intrigued about.  I live in the city limits, so growing tall grass is not allowed.  I will have to place the pasture in a place where it cannot be seen from the street, so it won't be a big one, but they say every little bit counts to help with pollination. 



The pasture will go somewhere where you see the green grass, but more to the left of the photo's edge.  I am trying to decide on layout, shape, etc.


Last year I planted a little seed garden with all kinds of flower seeds.  These are morning glories popping up.  The garden did not turn out as full and pretty as I hoped, but the this year it will be more mature hopefully.  

What does gardening have to do with painting and art?  For me, everything.  They go hand in hand.  Time outside = inspiration...always.


I want my garden to feel like this...all layers and texture and color.  I took this photo at the botanical garden in Denver, Colorado while visiting last fall. 

GOALS :)



Mitsou says "until next time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment